GROUP C : SAKKATH SUPER SENIORS (Std. VI to X)
GROUP EVENTS – NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: AS PER RULES
‘KALA-KRITHI’ (Rangoli Competition for Std. VI & VII)
Theme: Heritage of Karnataka; Two in a team
- Each group will be given space to present a beautiful rangoli depicting any Karnataka Heritage. They may use other artefacts to decorate the same.
- Time: 1 hour
Criteria for Judgement: Creativity, Use of colours, use of other artefacts or decorative items and Overall presentation
‘KSHANA-KSHANA’ (Quiz Competition for Std. VIII, IX & X)
- Schools must send one team of three students. Four teams will be selected for the final after the first round of written test. There will be a written round (Multiple-choice questions) on general topics (History, Literature and Cinema) related to Karnataka.
- Final Round will cover all popular aspects related to Karnataka.
‘SAMVADA SAURABHA’ (Debate Competition for Std. VIII, IX & X)
- Schools must send a team of two students – one speaking FOR the motion and the other speaking AGAINST the motion.
- Topic will be given on the spot. Preparation time: 10 min.
- Time duration –3 min. speech followed by 1 min. rebuttal. After the participant speaks, he/she will be asked questions by other team members. The participant has to defend his/her speech points.
Criteria for Judgement: Content, Language, Presentation and Defending/Rebuttal Points.
‘HEJJE-GEJJE’– SENIORS (Dance Competition)
Theme: Semi-classical or folk dance
- Group event of max. 10 members will be given 5 min. time to dance (any meaningful Kannada song) using either Semi-classical or folk dance form. Music must be submitted at the Registration Counter in a virus-free Pen-Drive (mp3 format).
- Criteria for Judgement: Selection of Song, Choreography, Costume, Coordination, Expression, Presentation and Props.